Hubby was making (processed, nasty) Ramen noodles today and I thought “MAN! That smells SO good!” So, I decided to make my own homemade Ramen noodles!
I make my own beef broth by simmering beef bones overnight, or around 12-18 hours. The result is a delicious AND very healthy broth to use for soups like this, or replacement for water while making rice. Mmm!
-2 cups Homemade Beef Broth
-1/2 cup Thin Rice Noodles
-1 Carrot, cut thick (steamed while everything is cooking)
- Garlic Salt
- Small Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
- Pinch of Chili Powder
-In a medium saucepan, throw in the beef broth, onions, and spices.
-Cut up the carrot and steam it over the broth mixture while it’s getting ready to boil. (Carrots may take about 10 minutes to get soft while steaming).
-Get out your rice noodles; Once the broth is boiling, throw the noodles in and set your timer for the package directions (I did 4 minutes).
-Put carrots in with the rest of the mixture
-Serve and enjoy! Nom nom nom!
So, for some reason I was craving salmon patties, and had to make some up! Unfortunately, I figured out my poor little guy has a fever and he didn’t feel up for any–usually he eats them right up! They are kid friendly, if your kid is used to salmon, that is!
- 1 (7.5 oz) can salmon
- 2 eggs
- ½ tablespoon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- Onion powder (or some diced onions)
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp dill (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together with a fork
- Take 1/4 measuring cup and pour onto skillet
- Cook both sides until slightly browned (About 3-4 mins per side)
I topped mine with Kerrygold butter. If you have a fish tarter sauce on hand, that would be great with these!
OMG. So, so, so, so GOOD!
Luke and I downed a whole bowl of this (I guess it’s not that hard to do…) after a nap this past week. It definitely hit the spot. I have a good friend to thank for this recipe as I kind of stole it!
-1 Ripe Avocado
-1 Package of Cream Cheese (I actually only used 1/2 a package and it turned out fine, but have used the whole package before as well!)
-Onions, Tomatoes, any other toppings optional
-Garlic Salt, Sea Salt
-Mash Avocado with a potato masher
-Add Cream Cheese and blend with a hand blender until smooth
-Add in spices (garlic salt and sea salt.) Feel free to experiment here!
-Add in tomatoes, onions, and any other toppings you can think of. Olives would be a good choice!
EAT and enjoy!
So the weather is getting cold here, and I’ve found one of the not so many things that makes me happy about that is…HOT CHOCOLATE!!
Here’s my super simple recipe for you to try out:
-1 Cup Raw Milk
-1 Tablespoon Raw Cocoa Powder
-1 Teaspoon Raw Honey
Mix all together in a saucepan on Med-High heat, until desired temperature.
The end! Enjoy!!
Back when I was pregnant with the little guy, I was (seriously) blessed with a set of milk kefir grains from a lovely co-worker. Almost every morning I made a raw milk smoothie with the kefir, and felt vibrant and ready to take on the world!
After baby boy arrived I got a little too busy and the kefir making went out the window. I eventually started making homemade yogurt, which takes up WAY too much time for this mama, so this past week, I made it an effort to go find new kefir grains.
“What the heck is KEFIR?” –you ask me? It’s like a drinkable yogurt. Easy peasy.
Kefir vs. Yogurt.
So, why not just buy yogurt? Both kefir & yogurt taste delic, and both have awesome enzymes and probiotics. BUT, kefir is said to have up to 30 times MORE probiotic strains than yogurt. Next time you have a yogurt container handy, look at the label and see what “Active Live Cultures” are in there.
How to make the MAGICAL KEFIR:
- Quart Mason Jar(s)
- Wooden or Plastic Spoon (to handle the kefir grains. Don’t use metal!)
- Plastic Strainer
- 1 Quart Raw Whole Milk (If you can’t get raw milk, get low-temp pasteurized without the use of the rBGH hormone.)
- 1 Tablespoon Kefir Grains
- Put your Kefir Grains in the Mason Jar
- Fill with Milk
- Let sit on counter at room temp for 24-48 hours
Too easy, and way simpler than the yogurt. I’ll have to post my recipe for my yogurt for y’all as well. Enjoy!!
You guys. You can eat gummy bears and still be healthy! This amazing invention of silicone gummy molds was discovered, so now you don’t have to ingest lab-invented red #40 and risk giving your children cancer! yay!
Just follow these simple steps, and you’ll be on your way to eating your own laboratory food!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Silicone Gummy Molds (I got mine here)
- 1 Cup Organic Strawberries (I did frozen. You can also use blueberries, blackberries, etc.)
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Cup Filtered Water
- 2 Tablespoons Raw Honey
- 1/4 Cup Gelatin (I use this, if you can afford Vital Protein’s brand, it’s supposed to be from grass fed beef. All the better!)
- Throw your strawberries, lemon juice, and water into the blender. Blend until completely mixed
- Pour into saucepan, turn heat on low
- Add raw honey & then add the gelatin slowly while whisking
- Whisk for 5-10 minutes, until all is incorporated
- Pour into silicone molds, and set in the fridge or freezer to firm up
TA-DAH!!! Try not to eat ALL of them in one sitting 😉